Biard & Crockett Plumbing Service Inc.
320 E Katella Ave., Orange, CA
Biard & Crockett Plumbing Service, Inc.
320 E Katella Ave., Orange, CA
We proudly serve the communities of Southern California, including:
Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Irvine, La Habra,
La Mirada, La Palma, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Los Alamitos, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Orange, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, Santa Ana,
Silverado, Stanton, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminster, Yorba Linda
Retail Store Hours:
Mon-Fri: 7:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Become A Fan!
CA Lic #313514, B-Class General Contrator, C-36 Class Plumbing
Follow Us on
Slab leaks began to be a problem in our area in the early 1970’s and have been with us ever since. Back in the “old days” tying to locate the source of a water pipe that was leaking under the slab was often accomplished by trial and error. Technology has been a great help to us since then as we now utilize electronic leak detectors and pipe tracing equipment. While still not easy, our experienced technicians can usually pinpoint the source of the leak.
Slab leaks can be caused by many factors including improper installation of the pipe, foreign materials touching the pipe (rocks, nails, etc) and sometimes corrosive soil. Most slab leaks are on the hot side due to the continual expansion and contraction of the pipe. Regardless of the cause you need an experienced company to help you through this inconvenient situation.
To repair a slab leak you generally are faced with two options: 1) break into the slab, expose the leak and repair as needed, or 2) re-route the piping so the affected pipe is abandoned. As the homes in this area age re-routing is becoming a more popular choice so further problems with the same line are avoided. We can help you determine which option suits your needs.
If you think you may have a slab leak do not let it go! Leaking water can undermine the foundation of your home, cause mold growth and attract termites. Here are some warning signs to watch for:
- Hot spots in your flooring
- Sound of water running when nobody is using the plumbing
- High water or gas bills
- Water surfacing (inside or outside) This may sound silly, but most slab leaks we repair do not have visible water surfacing.
If you are unfortunate enough to have a slab leak you need the experience of a company that has repaired hundreds of such leaks and uses the latest technology to make the experience as painless as possible. Why?
Because there is no substitute for experience.
We offer a full range of drain and sewer services, from a simple stoppage to a collapsed sewer lateral. When clearing drain stoppages you must visualize where you are at all times and recognize what you are trying to work through. This is not always easy to do and is why you want a plumber and not merely a “drain service” performing your work. Our techs are trained to remedy a multitude of residential and commercial drain problems. We feature Spartan drain equipment to handle even the toughest jobs. Undersized machines will only poke a hole in a stoppage. You want your drain issues tackled with equipment designed for the job.
Recurring drain problems may require the use of location or video equipment. We are ready to help you with these issues as well.
We can also help you with:
- Clean-out installations: If you do not have existing access to your main line we can locate it for you and install a ground level access so the line can be properly maintained.
- Hydro-jetting: Occasionally hydro-jetting may be required. We can safely scour the walls of your drain pipes to clear them of sludge, grease, and other solid obstructions. We have large and small hydro-jetters to accommodate your needs.
- Chemical treatments: Perhaps all you need is a chemical solution to your problem. We feature Unique bacterial/enzyme products which are safe and effective for regular maintenance of your lines. For more immediate grease related issues we feature PT-4 which dissolves not only grease but also fat, soap, slime and detergent build-up as well. For manageable root issues we carry RD root destroyer as well as a foaming root killer. These products are best used after your line has been snaked to remove root build up. Note: Grocery store drain chemicals are generally ineffective and sometimes detrimental to your system. Do not use powders, pellets or other so-called drain cleaners that are in a solid form.
- Sewer location and video inspection: When the need arises we can locate a problem in a drain line with electronic locating equipment. We also have sewer cameras that can be used to help determine the extent of a problem and help with formulating the best way to make the repair. Our micro camera can even be put through a toilet.
- Pipe Bursting: Occasionally a line is too badly damaged to be repaired and replacement is the only option. Pipe bursting requires a hole be dug at the each end of the line and then the old pipe is “burst” as a new line is hydraulically pulled through. Using this method can save from scarring the landscape along the entire route of the pipe and is generally less expensive than digging up the entire line.
- Cured in place pipe lining: Similar to pipe bursting, this method is used when replacement is the only option. Only one hole at either end of the line is required
so damage to landscaping is minimal. These jobs are generally completed in
one day and will provide an immediate seal for any cracks or holes that existed in the old pipe.
Remember, maintenance is the best policy to prevent expensive repairs or replacements to your sewer and drain pipes. Let us know if we can help you determine the best way to maintain or repair your lines because there is no substitute for experience.
For More Details About Our Services, Please Select Your Area of Interest